[libhid-discuss] branches/0.2.x

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Mon Mar 17 00:34:50 UTC 2008

On Mar 16, 2008, at 8:26 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:

>> Let me know if you have other ideas.
>
> The backend thing, not rely completely on libusb (which by the way is
> changing as well) but be able to go hidraw and maybe even the win32
> API. :)

Can't believe I forgot to mention the backend :-)

What do you think the API should look like?

The "easy" way out would be to have several mutually exclusive access
methods, selected at library initialization time - that is, if you
want to open one device in hidraw, and another with libusb, you would
be out of luck.

I guess this goes hand in hand with global state, and the ability to
use libhid in a threaded environment.

--
Charles Lepple