[libhid-discuss] Parsing hid_dump_tree()

comicinker comicinker at gmx.de
Sat Mar 29 15:44:40 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 28.03.2008, 21:01 -0400 schrieb Charles Lepple:
> I wouldn't advise parsing the output of that function - instead, take
> a look at the hidparser code that hid_dump_tree() references.

Thanks, good hint. Now I also found http://libhid.alioth.debian.org/doc/
which is nowhere mentioned as documentation. But with that documentation
it makes more sense to have a look at the code.

> It looks like you may have to look at the tree.
>
> (libhid was originally designed for HID PDC UPSes, which have fairly
> strict requirements on the format of the HID element tree - so a
> fixed path would work there.)
>
> > AND: How can I get the RECV_PACKET_LEN for this address automatically?
> > Or is it always the same length for each address (6)? The
> > test_libhid.c
> > doesn't tell where this value is detected.
>

> It is in the interface descriptor.

It seems like I have to learn more about USB and HID (besides reading
the specs - sigh).

Thank you and sorry for my clumsy behavior in this list.

Bests,

comicinker