[libhid-discuss] Paths to usage pages / python wrapper

Sarah Mount s.mount at wlv.ac.uk
Sun Nov 16 14:39:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 02:13, Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Sarah Mount wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm using the SWIG/Python wrapper to libhid and just having some
>> trouble figuring out usage paths. The device I'm trying to communicate
>> with has the following parse tree:
>
> Please provide some details about the version of libhid, and where you got
> it (since it looks like it was installed as part of a Linux distribution).

Hi Charles, thanks for this and your other message. Using
set_feature_report solved the ValueError problem with longs/ints. I
can't think why, but at least it works!

I'm using Ubuntu Ibex with the following installed (from the Ubuntu repository):

python-hid 0.2.15+20060325-2.1
libhid0 0.2.15+20060325-2.1
libusb 1:0.1.5-1

Not that it matters now, but perhaps useful to note for anyone with a
similar problem searching the archives.

Thanks,

Sarah

--
Sarah Mount, Senior Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton
Web:  http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in0316/

This email, together with any attachment, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally
privileged information.  Any use, disclosure or reproduction without
the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful.

Any e-mail including its content and any attachments may be monitored
and used by The University of Wolverhampton for reasons of security
and for monitoring internal compliance with the University's policy on
internet use. E-mail blocking software may also be used.  The
University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is
virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.

If you believe you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by email, telephone or fax and destroy the message and any
copies.