[libhid-discuss] Windows support?

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Sun Sep 7 13:06:44 UTC 2008

On Sep 7, 2008, at 8:07 AM, comicinker wrote:

> As I said, I just added some header files to the paths, which I
> arbitrarily copied from different systems and programs (see
> comments in
> config.h), however, some need also the libraries for the OS, so it is
> basically nonsense what I did. That's why I need some help, as I don't
> know how to provide all the needed declarations and definitions.

One other thing that will cause problems down the road is that
"bsd.c", "darwin.c" and "linux.c" all define "hid_os_force_claim()".

For now, I would suggest copying "bsd.c" or "darwin.c" to "win32.c",
assuming that libusb-win32 does not provide
"usb_detach_kernel_driver_np()". Then, include "win32.c" in the
project, and make sure that the other OS-specific files ("bsd.c",
"darwin.c" and "linux.c") are excluded.

--
Charles Lepple