[libhid-discuss] Still can't interrupt_read() properly

Marian Aldenhoevel marian.aldenhoevel at marian-aldenhoevel.de
Tue Sep 9 23:08:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

> Try reading 64 bytes instead of 11 bytes.

libhid won't let me:

   TRACE: hid_interrupt_read(): retrieving interrupt report from device
001/006[0] ...
WARNING: hid_interrupt_read(): failed to get all of interrupt report from
device 001/006[0]; requested: 64 bytes, sent: 12 bytes.

It then returns FAIL. That is understandable from the libhid code, but I did
get the 12 Bytes I was wanting (11 for the report, there's the 0x42 reportID
in front).

I have hacked around my code to ignore that result and go on but it does not
work either. As before it fails on the second command. The first one is always
fine:

   TRACE: hid_set_output_report(): looking up report ID...
   TRACE: hid_prepare_parse_path(): preparing search path of depth 3 for parse
tree of USB device 001/006[0]...
   TRACE: hid_prepare_parse_path(): search path prepared for parse tree of USB
device 001/006[0].
  NOTICE: hid_find_object(): found requested item.
   TRACE: hid_set_output_report(): sending report ID 0x02 (length: 12) to USB
device 001/006[0]...
  NOTICE: hid_set_output_report(): successfully sent report to USB device
001/006[0].
   TRACE: hid_interrupt_read(): retrieving interrupt report from device
001/006[0] ...
WARNING: hid_interrupt_read(): timeout on interrupt read from device 001/006[0]

I am done for today and will experiment a bit more tomorrow. I might try to
copy the code from interrupt_read in libhid to my program and try my hand at that.

Thank you very much for you help so far!

Ciao, MM