[libhid-discuss] Still can't interrupt_read() properly

Marian Aldenhoevel marian.aldenhoevel at marian-aldenhoevel.de
Wed Sep 10 06:47:53 UTC 2008

Hi,

>> It then returns FAIL. That is understandable from the libhid code,
>> but I did get the 12 Bytes I was wanting (11 for the report,
>> there's the 0x42 reportID in front).
>
> So try 12 bytes.

Does not help. No change.

First request:

  TRACE: hid_set_output_report(): looking up report ID...
   TRACE: hid_prepare_parse_path(): preparing search path of depth 3 for parse
tree of USB device 001/002[0]...
   TRACE: hid_prepare_parse_path(): search path prepared for parse tree of USB
device 001/002[0].
  NOTICE: hid_find_object(): found requested item.
   TRACE: hid_set_output_report(): sending report ID 0x02 (length: 12) to USB
device 001/002[0]...
  NOTICE: hid_set_output_report(): successfully sent report to USB device
001/002[0].
  NOTICE: hid_interrupt_read(): successfully got interrupt report from device
001/002[0]

Second request:

   TRACE: hid_set_output_report(): sending report ID 0x02 (length: 12) to USB
device 001/002[0]...
  NOTICE: hid_set_output_report(): successfully sent report to USB device
001/002[0].
   TRACE: hid_interrupt_read(): retrieving interrupt report from device
001/002[0] ...
WARNING: hid_interrupt_read(): failed to get all of interrupt report from
device 001/002[0]; requested: 12 bytes, sent: 0 bytes.

libHid returns HID_RET_FAIL_INT_READ. I try again:

   TRACE: hid_interrupt_read(): retrieving interrupt report from device
001/002[0] ...
WARNING: hid_interrupt_read(): timeout on interrupt read from device 001/002[0]

And that's it. Sometimes it works on the second or third try. Not this time.

Ciao, MM