[libhid-discuss] CY3240 I2C to USB bridge HID code

Wingnut Wingnut wingnut.foss at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 16:30:40 UTC 2009

I have created test source code to control the Cypress CY3240 development
kit  (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3421) using libhid.  A couple details
about the kit:

The kit contains 2 boards.  The primary board contains the controller that
switches on and off 3.3V and 5V power, a couple LEDs and has a couple pads
for GPIO pins.  The primary board and I2C to USB path is controlled by a
Cypress Semiconductor CY8C24894-24L (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3371).
There is also a Maxim MAX3378 (
http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3253/t/al) level translator
and a Littlefuse SP721 (
http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/SP721.pdf) overvoltage /
undervoltage protection IC.

The kit also ships with an example board, carrying a Cypress Semiconductor
CY8C21123-24SXI (http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3335) 8 pin PSoC and a couple
LEDs.

The example code defines some of the registers, control bits to send, etc.
It also powers the example device to 5V, blinks both LEDs on the example
device, then powers off the device.  I have also written some notes on the
steps I took to get the device working.  The only problem is, I don't have a
place to post the code or notes.  Is there some space I can use to store the
code and notes?  The total code size currently is about 36K...can I post a
.tgz to the list?

Wingnut