[libhid-discuss] MGE, HID Parser and GPL

Tom Isaacson TIsaacson at nextwindow.com
Tue Aug 25 05:33:29 UTC 2009

Yes, I've tried libusb-win32 and found that if I have iTunes installed
as well then I get a BSOD when I run the test app. Judging by the bug
tracker quite a few people are having similar problems. In fact,
Microsoft's actually requested a fix:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2812389&group_id=78138&
atid=552262

I was actually thinking of using the existing libhid code running on
libusb for Linux and OS X support but changing the code to use the HID
functions Microsoft has implemented on Windows. This way we can write
our application using the libhid API and not worry about porting issues.
I'm not sure if this is something people would want committed to libhid,
as it somewhat muddies the original intentions of the code.

Unfortunately this is for a commercial application so I can't use libhid
if it's still under GPL...

Tom Isaacson