[libhid-discuss] python works but not C

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Thu Feb 19 03:44:14 UTC 2009

On Feb 18, 2009, at 2:51 PM, Will Woods wrote:

> I am successfully talking to my device via the python bindings, but
> my C
> version fails with error 21 "could not claim interface 0: Device or
> resource busy" after successfully opening the device. The two
> pieces of
> code look the same to me, but I must be missing something?

Not sure - they do look equivalent to me.

What version of libhid are you using (and what distribution did it
come from, if any)?

You might be able to find something out via "ltrace" - it intercepts
calls to shared libraries, but I don't have any specific tips on how
you might go about that. (If you do, please compress any logs before
sending them to the list.)