[libhid-discuss] Cross-compiling libhid for the ARM

Sarah Mount s.mount at wlv.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 16:00:49 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

I'm trying to cross-compile libhid for the Angstrom Open Embedded
platform using bitbake / ipkg. I'm (still!) using the apt-sources
version of libhid (libhid-0.2.15+20060325) patched with the changeset
here: http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/libhid/changeset/355

I've got some newbie questions about doing this. Firstly, I've had a
number of autoconf errors when running configure of the form:

"line 2693: 15+20060325-2 - 1) unstable; urgency=low: syntax error in
expression (error token is ") unstable; urgency=low")"

Line 2693 of the configure file looks like this:

MD_MAJOR_VERSION=`echo "libhid (0.2.15+20060325-2.1) unstable;
urgency=low.0.0" | cut -d. -f1`

Also, I'm rather confused by where shared libraries are kept. I can't
find the file _hid.so.0.0.0 anywhere other than
libhid-0.2.15+20060325/debian/libhid0/usr/lib/ where it is compiled as
an Intel binary. As far as I can tell running ./configure && make on
the source does not create a new .so file. Is this correct?

Many thanks all,

Sarah

--
Sarah Mount, Senior Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton
Web:  http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in0316/

This email, together with any attachment, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally
privileged information.  Any use, disclosure or reproduction without
the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful.

Any e-mail including its content and any attachments may be monitored
and used by The University of Wolverhampton for reasons of security
and for monitoring internal compliance with the University's policy on
internet use. E-mail blocking software may also be used.  The
University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is
virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.

If you believe you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by email, telephone or fax and destroy the message and any
copies.