[libhid-discuss] Cross-compiling libhid for the ARM

Sarah Mount s.mount at wlv.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 00:57:49 UTC 2009

2009/1/27 Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc>:
> On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Sarah Mount wrote:

<snip>

>> Also, I'm rather confused by where shared libraries are kept. I can't
>> find the file _hid.so.0.0.0 anywhere other than
>> libhid-0.2.15+20060325/debian/libhid0/usr/lib/ where it is compiled as
>> an Intel binary. As far as I can tell running ./configure && make on
>> the source does not create a new .so file. Is this correct?
>
> It might be in src/.libs. It really depends on the way your
> cross-compilation environment works. Something may be forcing it to not
> build shared objects.

Thanks for this. It was in .../swig/.libs in the end! We got
everything working in the end, but not without an amount of dubious
patching. I'll come back to this when time is on my side as I'm sure
an IPKG of libhid would be useful to a number of projects.

Regards,

Sarah
--
Sarah Mount, Senior Lecturer, University of Wolverhampton
Web:  http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in0316/

This email, together with any attachment, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally
privileged information.  Any use, disclosure or reproduction without
the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful.

Any e-mail including its content and any attachments may be monitored
and used by The University of Wolverhampton for reasons of security
and for monitoring internal compliance with the University's policy on
internet use. E-mail blocking software may also be used.  The
University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is
virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.

If you believe you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by email, telephone or fax and destroy the message and any
copies.