[libhid-discuss] Libhid cygwin port (aka libhid-win) with libusb

Andrew Herson andrew.herson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 00:39:08 UTC 2009

HI guys,

Nice work on this project.  I am well on my way to getting user space
access on my HID device but have a few more hurdles.

1)	My setup: libusb working so-so on cygwin on an i686 windows machine
2)	I can get the device descriptors and the hid descriptors from my device
3)	I cannot get HID reports from my device using libusb alone so a
turned to your guys
4)	I cannot make the project
a.	checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
b.	checking whether build environment is sane... yes
c.	checking for gawk... gawk
d.	checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
e.	checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
f.	checking whether to enable pedantic compiler checks... (cached) no
g.	checking whether to enable proper compiler warnings... (cached) yes
h.	checking whether to enable compiler warnings as errors... (cached) yes
i.	checking whether to enable debugging... (cached) no
j.	checking whether to enable gdb-enhanced debugging symbols... (cached) no
k.	checking whether to use documentation generated by doxygen... (cached) yes
l.	checking whether to enable swig python wrapper... (cached) yes
m.	checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
n.	checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
o.	checking for target OS... unknown
p.	configure: error: libhid is not yet supported on i686-pc-cygwin
5)	I changed line 2749 in the configure script to cygwin but that was
a hack and did not work?

Do you think this can work?  Can you please help me... this is my 3rd
day on this project... yikes.

Thank You,
Andrew H.