[libhid-discuss] Libhid cygwin port (aka libhid-win) with libusb

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 04:41:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Andrew Herson<andrew.herson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a the C# example working from the website that you provided.  I
> can log to a file and read the data after the fact.  However, I find
> the C# interface difficult and I don't really want to learn that...
> but I guess I will have to.
>
> I am interested in the MicroChip link that you provided.  We are
> developing an HID compliant pointer application on an ST Cortex M3
> (for historical reasons) but I think the PIC is a better choice,
> especially from a cost point of view.  Are there evaluation modules
> from PIC with HID examples?

Yes. Microchip has now a lot of USB device now and a complete
USB stack with many examples.

Website: http://www.microchip.com/usb
Forum: http://www.microchip.com/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=102

> As for the LIBUSB, I can actually communicate with my device.  I just
> can't finish the program because I can't seem to get the HID reports.
> I have tried the CONTROL_MSG but that doesn't really work.  Linux and
> Mac are working, of course.

I see. Why you use control transfer? Typically the HID Input/Output
report are using the interrupt transfer.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com