[libhid-discuss] libhid can not open HID device on Ubuntu

Ali Asad Asad.Ali at gemalto.com
Mon Mar 9 04:25:24 UTC 2009

> Try running your program with sudo.

I tried this option from the terminal, but the debug version of the test application when run from Eclipse IDE still failed. Not sure if sudo rights got translated to the IDE (I am not that familiar with Linux/Ubuntu behavior), but I am not sure this would be a lasting solution since I do not want to force super user requirement on end users.

Does the use of libhid require root access?

thanks,
--- asad