[libhid-discuss] Using libhid with composit device

Peter Stuge stuge-libhid at cdy.org
Thu Mar 12 00:33:01 UTC 2009

Ali Asad wrote:
> 2. Is is possible to unmount only the HID enumeration of a device
> and leave any additional enunmerations still mounted?

Yes.

> So, is there a way for me to access the HID part of the device
> through libhid without unmounting the complete device, or have I
> reached a dead-end in terms of supporting this device on Linux.

I think neither is the case.

Linux certainly allows userspace programs to detach only a single
interface out of several implemented.

But, you may have to program libusb or even usbfs directly, and not
use libhid.

But it may also be a simple fix for libhid, allowing you to continue
using libhid.

//Peter