[libhid-discuss] Problem when read and write to USB HID device

Peter Stuge stuge-libhid at cdy.org
Tue May 12 00:21:41 UTC 2009

Hello,

I Ketut Mustika Wiguna wrote:
> I am new to libhid and in USB device.
>
> I have problem when I try to write and read data to the USB HID
> device, actually, I just want to read and write data to the USB.

That is not possible.

USB is a protocol with many(!!) layers.

They should be understood to be used best.

That said, in Linux, you can try using the hidraw API. There isn't a
lot of documentation even in the kernel sources, but use google and
you'll find some. One particular project is about the PS3 controller.
It has some source code which should be easy to understand.

//Peter