[libhid-discuss] hid_get_input_report(): failed to retrievereport Path wrong?

William Good bgood at velocity.net
Thu Sep 3 20:43:07 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Lepple" <clepple at ghz.cc>
To: "William Good" <bgood256 at adelphia.net>
Cc: <libhid-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: [libhid-discuss] hid_get_input_report(): failed to
retrievereport Path wrong?

> [please subscribe to the list:
> ]
>
> On Sep 2, 2009, at 11:26 PM, William Good wrote:
>
>>                      Item(Local ): Usage Minimum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
>>                                              Button 1 (Primary)
>>                      Item(Local ): Usage Maximum, data= [ 0x18 ] 24
>>                                             (null)
>>                      Item(Global): Logical Minimum, data= [ 0x00 ] 0
>>                      Item(Global): Logical Maximum, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
>>                      Item(Global): Report Size, data= [ 0x01 ] 1
>>                      Item(Global): Report Count, data= [ 0x18 ] 24
>>                      Item(Main ): Input, data= [ 0x02 ] 2
>>                                            Data Variable Absolute
>> No_Wrap Linear
>>                                            Preferred_State
>> No_Null_Position Non_Volatile Bitfield
>
> I am not too familiar with game controllers, but I think this would
> mean 4 bytes (24 bits / 8 bits-per-byte).
>
> The support for arrays of buttons in libhid is not that great, either.
> If you are using Linux (which the output tends to imply), then you
> might be interested in the kernel input API.

Yes I am using ubuntu 9.04 and I have written a driver using the kernal
input API for the switch part. The problem is that also on my Saitek Radio
Panel is 20 7 segment led displays that the input API does not support and I
have them working  using libhid. I guess I will have to try to get hiddev to
work but when I use it it does not give me back the correct vendor of
product ID. Thanks for your time.

Bill