[libhid-discuss] linux usbhid module claiming my device

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Wed Sep 9 14:35:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a problem where on linux the usbhid module claims my custom
device. I used the hid_force_open() function and it is able to release
the device and claim it but when I try to use hid_interrupt_read() it
says that the device is busy :

NOTICE: hid_force_open(): successfully opened USB device 001/035[0].
  TRACE: hid_interrupt_read(): retrieving interrupt report from device
001/035[0] ...
WARNING: hid_interrupt_read(): failed to get interrupt read from device
001/035[0]: could not claim interface 0: Device or resource busy

Does anyone know how to deal with this (hopefully programically)? I use
version 0.2.15+20060325-2.1 (ubuntu 8.04), installed using aptitude.

Thank you,
Gabriel

PS
should I also post on libusb since libhid is built on top of it?