[libhid-discuss] HID vs. vendor specific class

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:41:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc at gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, despite the name libhid, I think libhid is not really meant
> for generic HID device. Its strong point is the HID report parser.
> For generic HID device, you do not really need libhid, rather generic
> libusb-1.0 will be easier.

Another potential solution for cross-platform HID API. The Linux
support is based on hidraw which is quite new under Linux and
seems still not as mature. But the Windows and Mac codes are
based on native HID API. So this could be a good alternative
to libhid and libusb for generic HID device.
http://github.com/signal11/hidapi

--
Xiaofan http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/