[libhid-discuss] libhid::error sending control message: Protocol error !!

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Fri Feb 25 20:25:35 UTC 2011

Hi Mohamed,

Mohamed Ait Ouaziz wrote:
> I try to write a user-space driver to control a usb device.

Do you know how you will communicate with the device on top of USB?

Separate from that, could you post lsusb -v output for the device?

>   TRACE: hid_compare_usb_device(): match on vendor ID: 0x0461.
>   TRACE: hid_compare_usb_device(): match on product ID: 0x0050.

Primax Electronics it seems, but my usb.ids file doesn't know the
product id.

> WARNING: hid_prepare_hid_descriptor(): failed to get HID descriptor for USB
> device 007/004[0]:error sending control message: Protocol error

Are you sure that this is a HID class device at all?

And if it turns out you'll need to perform simple communication that
has just been wrapped in HID class by someone for the wrong reasons,
then suggest using the HIDAPI by Signal 11 instead.

//Peter