Latitude / Longitude mapping

Paul Harris paulharris at computer.org
Mon Aug 11 01:07:23 UTC 2008

if you wanted accuracy, you'd have to convert them to a planar mapping
(although I don't know which coord set would be appropriate to use?).
kdtree just uses euclidean distances, which doesn't match the distance on a
sphere.

you might be able to do something with UTM coords... except you will have to
deal with the zones somehow.