git branches (was: A question for you all: size_t or unsigned int)

martin f krafft madduck at debian.org
Thu Nov 13 20:59:37 UTC 2008

also sprach Paul Harris <paulharris at computer.org> [2008.11.13.1512 +0100]:
> i tried this and stuffed it up.  my patches are one-after-the-other and
> there is a fair bit of overlap, so I thought i'd start with just 1 branch
>
> git clone etc
> cd libkdtree
> git checkout -b paulharris/bugfixes master
> git am ../0001
> git am ../0002
> git am ../0002
>
> so all looks good... now what?
> git push says "everything up-to-date"

If you want to push a branch that is not already on the remote, you
have to make it explicit:

  git push --all

or

  git push origin paulharris/bugfixes

> ? i just don't get git ?

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck at debian.org>

the remote desktop feature of windows xp is really nice (and
*novel*!). a micro$oft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal
firewall and control the system. we'll ignore the fact that this
tampering with the firewall is not logged, and more importantly, that
the firewall isn't restored when the clowns from redmond are done with
their job.