Pray for your help!

Paul Harris paulharris at computer.org
Mon Nov 24 08:29:31 UTC 2008

2008/11/24 Martin SCHREIBER <schreiberx at gmail.com>

> hi fangbai!
>
> the recent version was removed from the website due to a serious bug.
>
> you can use the "old" version 0.6.2 which you can find here:
> https://alioth.debian.org/projects/libkdtree/
> but this code has problems with recent compilers.
>
> if you need the most recent code (i recommend that), download it with git:
> git clone git://git.debian.org/git/libkdtree/libkdtree.git

this is ok
but i would suggest doing this after the clone

cd libkdtree
git checkout origin/paulharris/changes_to_discuss

at the moment both the kdtree trunk and origin/paulharris/bugfixes will
return the WRONG distance because of the sqrt issue.

you can see the bug if you do (after a clone)
cd libkdtree
git checkout origin/paulharris/bugfixes
cd ..
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../libkdtree
./examples/test_kdtree

the same procedure with my changes_to_discuss will show the test passing.

Sylvain is currently in the process of building a good solution, and once
that is ready we can notify everyone and release something.

thanks,
Paul