failed unittest in py-kdtree_test.py

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 04:16:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am one of the users that has been caught by the find_within_range
functions :-)

Breaking peoples code is kind of drastic. A simple comment above each
find functions would have prevented any confusion on my part.

Just add in the new functions (I assume they look something like this)

find_within_range_abs
find_within_range_manhattan
find_within_range_euclidean

Just leave find_within_range in place, and have it be a simple one
line function calling one of the new functions. It is pretty much
impossible to use the class without looking in the header file, so it
will be crystal clear to everybody what is going on when using the new
release. Now if the plan is to not support abs distance, then you
should kill the function rather than changing the systematics.

Thanks
Jason.