Accuracy of libkdtree

Walter Keiner walter.keiner at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:19:31 UTC 2009

Hello Paul,

sorry for my late answer but I have been busy too.

Do you have to take a box for that test? Maybe you could use a sphere
instead.

I think that maybe two methods would be good. As you said it has been always
like that, there might be people who just need an approximate check. The
name of the method find_within_range() implies a mathematical correctness.
So it would be great if there would be a check. Maybe you can use the fast
algorithm without check in a method like find_approximately().

I need a test and at the moment I check all values from find_within_range().

Greetings,
Walter