Compiling in VS2005 and XCode

Lindley M French lfrench1 at gmu.edu
Mon May 4 23:07:46 UTC 2009

Shortly after sending this I encountered the problem: __out is a macro defined in some header or other. I replaced all instances of it with it__out and now it builds. (Still lots of warnings, but Boost has some of those too....choosing not to care.)

I would suggest that modeling the code after the naming scheme of the standard library was, in this case, a very bad idea. There's a reason why names starting with _ and __ are considered "reserved"....