How to searching for in kdtree when dynamic elements are considered

jsl n jsantam.hm at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:10:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

   I'm using kdtree for searching for the closest point between two images.
The kdtree stores the points of one (fixed) of the two images and the second
one is iteratively transformed (rotated, translated, etc). The closest point is
computed for each moved point each iteration.

This is the procedure, but, what happen if the fixed image (the one that the
kdtree stores) is also transformed each iteration? should I build a new kdtree
each iteration? I need to know if there is an efficient solution for this dynamic
situations where all the image points (of the fixed image) are transformed in
the same way.

Thanks in advance.