Nanoflann

Rob McDonald ramcdona at calpoly.edu
Mon Dec 9 15:40:07 UTC 2013

I'm on this list because I found libkdtree++ when I was looking for a
tool in this area.  That same search turned up nanoflann.  Our project
went with nanoflann, so I've never really used libkdtree++ and can not
compare directly.

Nanoflann did what we needed, was pretty easy to incorporate to our
project, and is super tiny (one header file).

There isn't a ton of development, but I think that stems from
completeness rather than complacency.  We had one problem which was
quickly addressed by the developer.

Rob

On 12/9/13 2:28 AM, Renaud Detry wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been a happy libkdtree++ user for five years.
>
> I've noticed a newcomer in the area - nanoflann. Have you guys worked with it? Any comment on that?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Renaud

Rob McDonald, Ph.D.
Aerospace Engineering