[Libpst-devel] libpst 0.5.1 Released!

Joseph Nahmias libpst-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:27:50 +0000

Hello everyone,

At long last we have released the next version of libpst -- the
converter for MS Outlook personal folders.  Following is the ChangeLog
snippet describing the changes in this release.

Enjoy,
--Joe

LibPST 0.5.1 (17 November 2004)
===============================

Well, alot has happened since the last release of libpst.

Release / Management:

    * The project has forked! The new maintainer is Joseph Nahmias.
    * We have changed hosting sites, thanks to sourceforge for hosting
    to this point.  From this point forward we will be using
    alioth.debian.org.
    * The project is now using SubVersioN for source control.  You can
    get the latest code by running:
        svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/libpst/trunk .
    * See
    <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/libpst-devel/2004-November/000000.html>
    for more information.

Code Changes:

    * Added lspst program to list items in a PST.  Still incomplete.
    * Added vim folding markers to readpst.c
    * avoid the pseudo-prologue that MS prepends to the email headers
    * fix build on msvc, since it doesn't have sys/param.h
    * Re-vamped Makefile:
        * Only define CFLAGS in Makefileif missing
        * fixed {un,}install targets in Makefile
        * Fixed up build process in Makefile
    * Added mozilla conversion script from David Binard
    * Fixed bogus creation of readpst.log on every invocation
    * escaped dashes and apostrophe in manpages
    * Updated TODO
    * added manpages from debian pkg
    * fix escaped-string length count to consider '\n',
        thanks to Paul Bakker <bakker@fox-it.com>.
    * ensure there's a blank line between header and body
        patch from <johnh@aproposretail.com> (SourceForge #890745).
    * Apply accumulated endian-related patches
    * Removed unused files, upstream's debian/ dir

-- Joe Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>