[Libpst-devel] libpst 0.5.1 Released!

Joseph Nahmias libpst-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:27:50 +0000

Hello everyone,

At long last we have released the next version of libpst -- the
converter for MS Outlook personal folders.  Following is the ChangeLog
snippet describing the changes in this release.

LibPST 0.5.1 (17 November 2004)

Well, alot has happened since the last release of libpst.

Release / Management:

    * The project has forked! The new maintainer is Joseph Nahmias.
    * We have changed hosting sites, thanks to sourceforge for hosting
    to this point.  From this point forward we will be using
    * The project is now using SubVersioN for source control.  You can
    get the latest code by running:
        svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/libpst/trunk .
    * See
    for more information.

Code Changes:

    * Added lspst program to list items in a PST.  Still incomplete.
    * Added vim folding markers to readpst.c
    * avoid the pseudo-prologue that MS prepends to the email headers
    * fix build on msvc, since it doesn't have sys/param.h
    * Re-vamped Makefile:
        * Only define CFLAGS in Makefileif missing
        * fixed {un,}install targets in Makefile
        * Fixed up build process in Makefile
    * Added mozilla conversion script from David Binard
    * Fixed bogus creation of readpst.log on every invocation
    * escaped dashes and apostrophe in manpages
    * Updated TODO
    * added manpages from debian pkg
    * fix escaped-string length count to consider '\n',
        thanks to Paul Bakker <bakker@fox-it.com>.
    * ensure there's a blank line between header and body
        patch from <johnh@aproposretail.com> (SourceForge #890745).
    * Apply accumulated endian-related patches
    * Removed unused files, upstream's debian/ dir

-- Joe Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>