[Libpst-devel] [patch] stdarg fixes

Chris Halls chris.halls at credativ.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 00:32:50 CET 2006

Hi

I'm working on an Evolution import plugin to use libpst to import data from
Outlook. So far it has gone fairly well but I have had a few issues and would
like to submit some patches. So here is the first.

When running lspst on my amd64 system I am getting a lot of messages
triggering the assertion f != g in debug_msg_text, and after quite a few I
usually get a crash.

The problem is because the variable 'ap' is used multiple times after
va_start, but the man page says:

If  ap  is passed to a function that uses va_arg(ap,type) then the value of ap
is undefined after the return of that function. So you need to call va_end,
then va_start again.

Patch attached to fix this.

Chris