RE : debian and gentoo branches [to be removed]

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:10:54 UTC 2009

On 11/17/2009 11:03 AM, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:

> ok so we must wait for user to report bug saying my application use libA (1.0.0) + libB (1.0.1) do not compile.
>
> how can we ensure that everything library installed on the system are compatible ?
>
> maybe we can think about a dh_lisaac that help use generate the right lisaac::Depends use to compute the binary package
> dependencies.

That is why I asked Benoit to think about a system where lisaac source
files are separated in projects, and projects being in a different
namespace would always be compatible. I developped many experimental
flavours of this but there is still work to do to find the correct way
to do it.

>> > Lisaac parses the source and generate one executable file. That's all.
>>
> Yes I know
>
> See you
>
> PS: I would like to use lisaac in real life for some scientific computation, but if I can not generate
> a libxxx.so library usable from C or C++ programs, it is pointless to me :((.

Shortly.
Soon (a merge away) the compiler will always compile the Section
External slots. Then it is very easy to create a .so lib instead of an
executable. You just have to rename main() into mylib_init() and that's
all, almost.

With tricky #define and a modified make.lip you should already be able
to do that I think.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya