Idea about deferred slots

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:48:12 UTC 2009

On 10/15/2009 02:30 PM, Damien Bouvarel wrote:
> If you want more deferred detection (like java interfaces), a proto
> could define the slots that need redefining:
Well, that's exactly the use of `deferred'.
Ultimately, all deferred slots should be redefined, and if they are not,
this is an error.

> A section Interface (or whatever), all the slots there are implicitely
> deferred,
> if your proto inherits directly (work with all types of inheritance?)
> a proto who has slots in these sections, you must redefine all these
> slots (you also can implements them with deferred slot or create
> another section Interface for children protos)
Sections are for protection level mostly (Section Public, Private,
TYPE). I don't think that would be wise to add a new section just to
declare deferred slots. Writing
    <- deferred;
is good enough for me.

Mildred