[Logcheck-devel] Re: [Logcheck-commits] CVS logcheck/rulefiles/linux/ignore.d.server

Jon Middleton jjm at debian.org
Fri Aug 13 09:23:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 02:54:01PM -0400, Todd Troxell wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 03:12:32PM +0200, maks attems wrote:
> >
> > qmail is nonfree, changelog already features a removal of old qmail rules,
> > i'm against shipping 1.2.25 with those.
>
> Could you explain your reasoning for this?  I don't see how it hurts logcheck
> to have a few extra rules included.  It is sad that qmail is non-free, but
> it is a widely used MTA.

I orginal though was to move as many rulefiles into other packages as
possible. The main reason there is now an dh_installlogcheck.

If the current team want to maintain *more* rule files that's a vaild
decision, one of the main reasons I give up package last year was that
I spending *far* too much time correcting (and adding) rulefiles.

--
Jon

   "One's never alone with a rubber duck. "
	-- The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy