[Logcheck-devel] 4 important bugs again <;

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Thu Jun 3 17:43:44 UTC 2004

hello everyone,

thanks to todd 1.2.21 is out :)
every release getting better, i would like to get
consensus on these "important" bugs:

#252078 logtail: should depend on perl >= 5.8
	sarge as any other modern linux distro use perl 5.8.x,
	it's even inside of its base.
	backports are under the peril of its author
	if no one voices up, i'll close that bug in the next days.

#244511: logcheck-database: While up- or downgrading logcheck-database:
"Internal Error: linkfile() called without names !"
	hmm there is nice explication in the last message,
	but i do not understand a word:
	did the security team forget to set
	"logcheck-database/security_level"
	or was the package simply a corrupted one?
	could not reproduce neither with dialog nor with debconf
	neither with non-interactive.
	no proposition as i do not understand much about the involved
	issue, please come up with .. ?

#244411: logcheck: Upgrade loses symlinks in /etc/logcheck
	i understand the one, who submitted this bug.
	i would not like a package to override my settings.
	but we no longer use a symbolic link since ..!
	and i do not thing that issue is soooo big
	that i would need a fix in woody or does it?
	proposition: downgrade wishlist && tag wontfix && close on sarge
	release

#242760: logcheck: Directory /var/lib/logcheck missing after a
reinstallation
	another bug i couldn't reproduce on my spare woody machine,
	another corrupted package???  please try to on a _woody_ sys:
	a) apt-get install logcheck
	b) apt-get --purge remove logcheck logcheck-database logtail
	c) apt-get install logcheck
	d) if [ -d /var/lib/logcheck ]; then echo "dir created";fi
	e) report back

thanks for your feedback
a++
ma(ks|x(imilian)?)

--
sidenote on stoned beavers out of detox aka linux-2.6.0:
"Linus Torvalds doesn't believe in kernel preemtion. [..]