[Logcheck-devel] intermittent access this week

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Sun Jun 13 10:39:00 UTC 2004

hey todd,

cool, my examens are still on going, whish i could smell the sea side.

> I'll be at sea on and off this week, and as such my Internet access will
> depend on wifi availability while in port.  22a seems stable, but if any
> critical problems arise, feel free to prepare a release and bug Alfie
> to upload it.

looks nice, will wait for it to go to sarge,
unless something unexpectly grave turns up.

> On the brighter side, I expect to be extremely bored while offline so I'll
> probably get some logcheck work done. <:

cool, looking forward.
i did some quick new switches yesterday,
hope they will have enough time to get into sarge.
they close some nice wishlist bugs (have to contact authors).

i switched my naming scheme of our testing releases to
oldversion+newversion(beta|rc)[1-9] 1.2.22a+1.2.23beta1
so that people how add debian.stro.at to their apt lines
don't miss the official releases :)
uploaed current HEAD as aboves testing version.

#253998 is yet another permissions bug,
when looking through our code yesterday (while moving it),
i saw that we didn't even check if we could read our offset files.

i wonder if we should unconditionalize the permissions stuff out of
logcheck.postinst, i've seen the new of rules that i added in my
local logcheck dirs had permissions like those:
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          383 Jun 11 09:29 local-scponly
yeeah logcheck could pick them up, so it's not critical,
but we had another bug report who reported problems with local rules:
#251404:
"After some more checks it seams that it is ok. I have a lot of local
rules, so it is difficult to sort out this issue. Especially it is a
problem that remotely installed packages come with their own logcheck
rules which do not get included into the logcheck rules set."

so far enjoy your sea trip and relax :)
a++ maks