[Logcheck-devel] logcheck-database -- volatile?

Eric Evans eevans at sym-link.com
Fri Feb 4 22:52:08 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 09:26:37PM -0500, Todd Troxell muttered these words:
> A new archive was announced for packages that have need for frequent changes
> [see below].  In theory, we should not have to update logcheck rules in
> Sarge, because we know that it's packages, with the exception of security
> updates will remain constant.
>
> This does not change the fact that we may wish to update the database on
> sarge <:

IMO, I think uploads of logcheck-database to volatile should only be
made when other additions, (read: packages), to volatile dictate. For
example, if a new version of spamassassin is uploaded to volatile and
new regexs are need, or existing ones must change in order to maintain
consistent behavior with what is in stable.

Likewise, I think all other bugfixes/enhancements should be pushed
through the normal process for updates to stable.

--
Eric Evans
eevans at sym-link.com