[Logcheck-devel] Missing/Wrong ignore.d for pureftp

Ingo Theiss ingo.theiss at i-matrixx.de
Sat Feb 5 12:22:15 UTC 2005

Dear logcheck Team,

sorry for choosing the direct contact I don't know if it's the correct
way.

I am using logcheck on a webserver where pureftp is installed for upload
of content. Logcheck is working fine except for one ignore.d rule
regarding the logout messages from  pureftp.

Logcheck is reporting lots (an I mean lots) of messages from the
following type:

Feb 5 06:02:45 web1 pure-ftpd: (www-0021-02 at 81.173.154.221) [INFO]
Logout.

I found the ignore.d for pureftp, but it doesnt match the kind pureftp
is reporting the Logout message:

^\w{3} [ :0-9]{11} [._[:alnum:]-]+ pure-ftpd: \(\?@[._[:alnum:]-]+\)
\[INFO\] Logout.$

My question is: Is it a wrong configuration of pureftp / syslog or has
the ignore.d rule to be tweaked (is it a kind of bug)?

Thank you for your work an time reading my mail.

Regards,

Ingo