[Logcheck-devel] Logcheck Talk / Logcheck.org / Pylogcheck

maximilian attems debian at sternwelten.at
Tue Feb 15 09:35:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Todd Troxell wrote:

> I thought I'd let you know I'm doing a lightning talk on Logcheck for a
> local security conference[0].  Marcus Ranum, the guy who originally wrote
> frequentcheck.sh, on which logcheck was originally based is going to talk too!

sounds nice.

you might want to read the online chapter of
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxss2/
the last chapter has a pointer to logcheck with respect to its design
limitations.

> Also I finally got around to croning a nightly cvs-pull for the logcheck.org
> html, so feel free to make changes if you're bored <:  It's in the same
> CVSROOT under /logcheck-www.  I've listed the current team on the main page,
> and you might want to link your name to your blog or homepage.

very nice

> Thirdly, I've been experimenting with logcheck in Python.  I have a _very_
> experimental but working version in my own CVS[1].  I do not know if you guys
> like Python, but I am happy to import this into alioth and would welcome
> contributions if there is interest.  As I said though, at the moment it is
> very hackish.  My email address is hard coded, and I do not want your logs.
> <:

python illeterate myself sorry,
but it would be nice to have some sort speed comparisation?

concerning logtail i still prefer to have it in c,
but no code here to show yet.

concerning current state could you kick 1.2.35 into sarge this
weekend?
would leave us enough time for testing and adding some rule bits.
the logtail.News item should probably be rewritten abit?

a++
--
maks