[Logcheck-devel] logcheck-database -- volatile?

maximilian attems debian at sternwelten.at
Sun Jan 23 09:55:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Todd Troxell wrote:

> A new archive was announced for packages that have need for frequent changes
> [see below].  In theory, we should not have to update logcheck rules in
> Sarge, because we know that it's packages, with the exception of security
> updates will remain constant.
>
> This does not change the fact that we may wish to update the database on
> sarge <:
>
> Any thoughts?

concerning logservers we made an error at early stage to remove rules
concerning woody, nowadays i would be more cautious regarding that.
(perhaps not at level workstation, but cron had big logging changes
for example).

but yes it could help logservers in mixed env (sage + edge),
if we add new rule and don't remove the old ones.

maks