[Logcheck-devel] violations.d/logcheck is empty. bug or feature?

Hanspeter Kunz hkunz at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon Jul 7 08:03:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 12:28 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Hanspeter Kunz <hkunz at ifi.uzh.ch> [2008.07.04.1848 +0200]:
> > I investigated a bit and found that /etc/logcheck/violations.d/logcheck
> > is empty since this commit:
> >
> > http://git.debian.org/?p=logcheck/logcheck.git;a=commitdiff;h=2394562ab4a13c4510c671f01ffc8f35e97f1cd3
> >
> > was this really intented?
>
> Yes. None of us see any benefit in the violations layer and it makes
> it harder to maintain proper rulesets.

Ok. I agree on this (to avoid the violations layer).

Nevertheless, it seems to me that all the log entries, that were
triggered as violations, are now not triggered at all. I can see that
this also facilitates the maintainance of rulesets, but I guess this is
not the primary goal of logcheck :)

If I would like to re-add some of the keywords, what would be the proper
way?

cheers,
Hp
--
Hanspeter Kunz                  University of Zurich
Systems Administrator           Department of Information Technology

Spamtraps: hkunz.bogus at ailab.ch hkunz.bogus at ifi.uzh.ch
---
A fool and your money are soon partners.