[Logcheck-devel] Opinion on #742069

Hannes von Haugwitz hannes at vonhaugwitz.com
Fri Apr 4 05:28:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 11:31:42AM +0200, Martín Ferrari wrote:
> On a similar note. I have already accumulated a few regexes to add to
> postfix. In my case, I have plenty of lines for
> postfix/submission/smtpd. I don't know how's postfix criteria to create
> these log lines, but it seems it is using the port name. So maybe it
> should be postfix/([^[:space]]+/)?smtpd

The master.cf file on my sid system has two lines affecting the syslog name[0].
So I would recommend to use 'postfix/(submission/|smtps/)?smtpd' and update all
rules.

Best regards

Hannes

[0] # grep 'syslog_name=' /etc/postfix/master.cf
#  -o syslog_name=postfix/submission
#  -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps