[Logcheck-users] How to add logcheck regex to monitor geronimo.out logs

Hannes von Haugwitz hannes at vonhaugwitz.com
Wed Jan 12 12:37:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 01:24:14PM +0100, Linux Tux wrote:
> I installed logcheck for monitoring geronimo logs (geronimo.out).
> i want use it only for that.
> i don't know how to add a geronimo regex.
> Even a new term "Exception" is detected, i want that logcheck send me an
> alert by mail.
>
> Can you tell me please how can i do because it appears that my configuration
> not works.

You can find a general description how logcheck works in
README.logcheck[0].

The rule mechanism is described in README.logcheck-database[1].

To test new rules you can use 'logcheck-test' (see logcheck-test(1)).

Greetings

Hannes

[0] http://git.debian.org/?p=logcheck/logcheck.git;a=blob;f=docs/README.logcheck;hb=HEAD
[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=logcheck/logcheck.git;a=blob;f=docs/README.logcheck-database;hb=HEAD