[Ltrace-devel] [patch] Will let versions of ltrace that need "_start" worked with stripped target program.

Ian Wienand ianw at gelato.unsw.edu.au
Mon Apr 24 19:05:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 11:44:49AM -0700, PAUL GILLIAM wrote:
> This patch *also* makes all the "_start" stuff conditional on
> E_ENTRY_NAME.  If an architecture doesn't need this stuff, then it
> doesn't define E_ENTRY_NAME in it's "arch.h" file (which is copied
> to sysdep/linux-gnu/sysdep.h)

I like the cleanup, the PLTs_INIT_BY_HERE was always a bit confusing.
But I worry that E_ENTRY_NAME is even less descripitive, because it
gives no clue on what is happening.

Can we do something like change it to a protective define of
PLT_REQUIRES_REINITALISATION, or call it PLT_REINITALISATION_BP or
something?

-i