[Ltrace-devel] Series of patches for supporting more parameter types

Steve Fink sphink at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 05:24:53 UTC 2006

I have spent some time breaking down my changes into digestible
patches. I decided to try using git for the first time to see if it
makes things easier. So these patches may look a little funny, but
they should apply with patch -p1.

I'll send each patch as a separate message, since people may have
comments on individual ones. (But I'm not brave enough to use the
git-generated email directly.)

These patches are working towards adding support for:
 - short, ushort
 - float, double (I don't have the latter working yet)
 - ignore
 - pointers to other types (int*, string**, etc.)
 - enumerations
 - typedefs (patch not yet available)
 - arrays (patch not yet available)
 - structs (patch not yet available)
 - [argN], [N], and [retval] length-specifiers for strings and arrays
 - some minor fixes to the testing infrastructure

While some of these may seem silly, I have wanted each of them, most
in conjunction with tracing X11 and/or OpenGL code.

I welcome any comments before I plow on through the rest of my changes.