[Ltrace-devel] [patch] ltrace s390/s390x syscall update

Heiko Carstens heiko.carstens at de.ibm.com
Wed May 10 06:15:01 UTC 2006

> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 03:28:50PM +0200, Heiko Carstens wrote:
> > Better not. This is something that is likely to break and should be done
> > manually, imho.
>
> Ok, sure.  I just had a look at how strace does it, and they ship a
> ./syscallent.sh which seems to be be run manually to update
> periodically.
>
> Any chance your script could be made generic?

I doubt that anybody runs that script for strace, because the system call
table there contains also the number of arguments and type of call...

My script runs on arch/s390/kernel/syscalls.S while a generic script should
run on include/asm-[whatever]/unistd.h. I just did it this way because it
was easier for me (on s390). That is because the s390 unistd.h contains both
s390 and s390x defines and therefore also a lot of undefines and redefines,
which appear to be quite difficult to handle in script (at least if you're
new to perl like me ;).