[Ltrace-devel] Re: [Fwd: Patch for tracing fork]

supriya kannery supriyak at in.ibm.com
Tue Sep 26 11:57:36 UTC 2006

Ian Wienand wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 02:48:23PM +0530, supriya kannery wrote:
>

>>   Could you please comment on this patch.  Please let me know if I
>>need to make more changes into this or whether this could be considered
>>for mainline.
>>

>Hi,
>
>I get a regression for at least IA64 with this patch; the test case
>fails.  However there was issues when applying the patch.
>
>Can you update it against the current subversion head for me and I'll
>try again.  Also, I don't see this problem generally, is it only an
>issue on your architectures?
>
>-i

Ian,
    Thanks! for your comments. I got trunk-68 downloaded. Since this
level has got recent code changes related to
breakpoints,  few more changes need to be done to fork-patch inorder to
include "PTRACE_O_TRACEFORK"
option. I will do more analysis and send the upgraded patch.
Yes, missing to trace some of the initial library calls in the child
process, was observed in ppc
and s390x architectures. This was not observed in i386.