[Ltrace-devel] cross compiling ltrace

Marc Kleine-Budde mkl at pengutronix.de
Thu Feb 4 10:17:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou wrote:
>> Ping, please choose:
>
> [*] I'm interested in autoconf/automake patches
> [ ] I hate autotools, cmake is better
> [ ] I'm not interested at all

Yesterday I started to autotoolize the latest ltrace.git

It's in the "dev/autotools" branch in my tree:
git://git.pengutronix.de/git/mkl/ltrace.git dev/autotools
http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=mkl/ltrace.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dev/autotools

It compiles and works natively on powerpc, i386 and x86_64. Cross
compilation has been tested from x86_64 to arm and powerpc.

It passes "make distcheck", this means it can create ready-to-compile
tarballs.

For those who want to test, checkout the dev/autotools branch from my
tree, then the usual:

./autogen && ./configure && make && make install

You need libelf >= 0.8.10. I picked that version out of the blue, this
is the oldest one installed on the machines I used for testing.
pkg-config is used to find the libelf.

The test suite isn't integrated yet, as well as the MIPS doxyfile.

This is the result of a make install:

./usr/bin/ltrace
./usr/share/doc/ltrace/COPYING
./usr/share/doc/ltrace/TODO
./usr/share/doc/ltrace/BUGS
./usr/share/doc/ltrace/README
./usr/share/doc/ltrace/ChangeLog
./usr/share/man/man1/ltrace.1
./etc/ltrace.conf

Please test and comment.

Cheers, Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |