[Ltrace-devel] cross compiling ltrace

Marc Kleine-Budde mkl at pengutronix.de
Tue Feb 9 11:41:28 UTC 2010

Gaye Abdoulaye Walsimou wrote:
> Marc Kleine-Budde,
>> Yesterday I started to autotoolize the latest ltrace.git
>>
>> It's in the "dev/autotools" branch in my tree:
>> git://git.pengutronix.de/git/mkl/ltrace.git dev/autotools
>> http://git.pengutronix.de/?p=mkl/ltrace.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/dev/autotools
>>
>> It compiles and works natively on powerpc, i386 and x86_64. Cross
>> compilation has been tested from x86_64 to arm and powerpc.
>>
>> It passes "make distcheck", this means it can create ready-to-compile
>> tarballs.
>>
>> For those who want to test, checkout the dev/autotools branch from my
>> tree, then the usual:
>>
>> ./autogen.sh
>
> Can we avoid this step, in the final version?

sure.....this is possible.
The question is whether you want to put auto-generated files into git?
If you decide to do so commits can become quite big.

For example, if a developer improves the arm support and adds a new
file, he has to regenerate these auto-generated files. If he has a
different version of the tools or uses a different distribution there
usually are big differences in most of these generated files. Which
leads obviously to a quite big patch.

>> && ./configure && make && make install

> Cross compile and runtime tested on a arm920t based board.

\o/
Can I add a Tested-by: to the patch stack?

> Seems to work fine for here!
> Thanks for this work!

Thanks for testing...

cheers, Marc

--
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |