[Ltrace-devel] ltrace and libelf

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 13:05:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm working with Zach's github tree.  There, configure requires
libelf.pc to be installed.

I don't think that's correct, there's at least one other libelf
available in elfutils, which has incompatible versioning and doesn't
ship the .pc file.  It's available on Red Hat-line of linuxes: Fedora,
RHEL, Centos, where, as far as I can tell, libelf isn't in the repositories.

I think autoconf should be rewritten to ask for libelf the traditional
way, that is to ask for libelf functions that we use.  I'd like to know
your opinion before I start throwing patches around.

PM