[Ltrace-devel] ltrace and libelf

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Mon Nov 1 14:58:46 UTC 2010

01.11.2010 14:58, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
> Sounds like a plan. I've added a patch to my repo that uses the
> traditional way, if pkg-config fails. Testes on ubuntu with feroa's
> libelfutils.

Wouldn't something simpler do?  I wonder about the AC_CHECK_LIBRARY
magic that you have in there, is that necessary?  IMHO replacing the
libelf logic with following should be enough:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([elf.h gelf.h],,
         [AC_MSG_ERROR([*** libelf.h or gelf.h not found on your system])]
)
AC_CHECK_LIB([elf], [elf_begin],,
         [AC_MSG_ERROR([*** libelf not found on your system])]
)

... but I don't quite understand autoconf, chances are there are
legitimate reasons to do it your way.

PM